Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Extending ADF Cloud User Experience Rapid Development Kit (RDK)

You should be familiar with AppCloudUIKit ADF application from - The Cloud User Experience Rapid Development Kit. It provides a set of templates, components and sample flows to get you started with successful ADF setup. I will explain how to extend it, if you want to add extra parameters for the menu item, to be passed to the Task Flow.

The use case - each time when custom TF Manage Users is opened, criteria item First Name is assigned with TF parameter value (value "C" in the example below):


RDK is extended to support parameters for menu item. Each menu item in RDK is defined by Node object. I have updated Node object with HashMap to represent a set of parameters:


All menu items in RDK are defined in SessionState class. I have updated one of the menu items (Manage Users) with parameter - firstName:


ADF regions are rendered in RDK with ADF Multi Region binding. A set of regions is controlled through FilmStripBean class. Region attributes are set in buildTaskFlowBindingList method. For each menu item, I check if there are extra parameters to be set. If there are parameters, map is constructed and assigned for the region binding (map value with TF parameter):


Assigned value is used in the TF, to set search criteria item:


Download sample application (I have included only projects with changes) - AppsCloudUIKit_v2.zip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Andrejus
I'm creating an application based on the RDK. I defined the same "SessionState" class in My project and trying to access it from ADFContext in My SpringboardBean.java class as follows:
SessionState sessionState =(SessionState)GenericUtils.getSessionScope().get("SessionState");

The above line always return null to me. I have added the class"SessionState" in adfc-config with a session scope.

Kindly help on this